At Granite Mountain Behavioral Health, we make the admissions process as simple as possible so that you or your loved one can focus on overcoming addiction.
Step 1: Get in Touch
You can start by giving us a call at (928) 756-0694
When you call, first and foremost… we listen. Then we answer any questions you may have about addiction, and/or gather any information we need for a formal intake assessment when needed.
During the over-the-phone intake, we’ll ask about things like:
- Substance abuse and history
- Your current environment
- Any mental health concerns
- Any other medical information/concerns
Step 2: Insurance Verification
In an effort to help minimize any financial concerns about treatment, we’re happy to contact insurance providers directly, verify your coverage, and handle all billing. In our experience, many carriers have some level of assistance for substance abuse treatment.
Please feel free to fill out our Insurance Verification Form to expedite this process.
Step 3: Make Arrangements to Travel
Items to Bring to Treatment
When you arrive at Granite Mountain, you’ll check in and begin the admissions process. Our caring admissions team will inspect your bags to that no prohibited items are brought in… and to ensure everyone’s safety.
It’s recommended to bring the following:
- A list of names, addresses and phone numbers of friends, loved ones, healthcare professionals, anyone you wish to contact, etc…
- Everyday jewelry you consider to be a necessity, like a wedding ring or a watch. It’s recommended you leave valuable items at home.
- An alarm clock for those periods you may not have your phone.
- Your current prescription medication in the original pharmacy bottle with the information label intact.
- List of all current medications and dosages.
- A small amount of cash ($50-$300)
- Your checkbook, credit/debit card to pay for treatment medications.
- Your health insurance cards and a form of identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- A notebook or journal.
- Stamps & envelopes to mail letters.
- Pictures of your loved ones to keep in your room or wallet.
- If you wish to bring your own reading materials… paperback books are best, as they’re easier to carry around than hardcovers.
Clothing to Bring to Treatment
Space in your room could be limited, so try not to overpack. Pack layers… like T-shirts, sweaters, cardigans & jackets. You’ll have a laundry machine at your house, so a week’s worth of clothing should be enough.
Pack clothes with materials which are easy to wash & don’t require special care, such as dry cleaning, other delicates. Be sure to bring a weeks’ worth of comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing, including:
- Shoes: comfy shoes for everyday wear, tennis shoes for activities/sports and flip flops for the shower
- Shirts: if bringing tank tops, make sure you also pack cardigans to wear with them to comply with your center’s dress code
- Shorts: Not too short
- One or two “dressy” outfits: For special occasions, like a family visit
- Bathing suit: a one piece is usually required for women, trunks for men
- Hat: your center may not allow hats indoors
Other items you might need:
If you have any other questions about what to bring, please feel free to call us at: (928) 756-0694